PIM system – an important building block for the digitization process in your company
Efficient product data management and data maintenance are an elementary prerequisite of successful multichannel marketing. A product information management system (PIM system) that is sensibly integrated into your IT architecture guarantees smooth processes for ensuring consistent data quality. We offer a convenient and efficient solution for your product data – from your ERP system through to the output to the sales channels.
First and foremost, the PIM system must fit your company and your business goals. Retail companies with a large product range are dependent on a correspondingly extensive and central software solution.
However, in order to be able to use a PIM system also as a central system, according to the principle of the single source of truth, the data quality must be kept correspondingly high. This high data quality is achieved through experienced project management and sensible processes. During implementation, we work with you to streamline your processes and then prepare you with extensive training for working with the central system LAGO.
With LAGO you centralize your product information including all article and price data as well as images, texts, videos and other data in one software system. Your existing systems can be connected, creating a sustainable process that avoids any inconsistencies. Once stored in the PIM system, all product data is available to you media-neutrally for all marketing channels. The individual combination of our LAGO modules and apps and the possible automations in LAGO bring you measurable success and a fast return on investment.
What LAGO offers you as software:
- Integrated Adobe InDesign workflow – gives the design team creative autonomy and enables efficient internal workflows, especially for complex, SKU-based layouts.
- Powerful PIM integration – Complex product information is automatically routed out to the individual channels.
- Complex versioning – creating countless linguistic and regional variants of your brochures and digital materials is a breeze for LAGO.
- Integration of sales and inventory – with LAGO, your staff can prioritize items with high margins, excess inventory or high marketing priority.
LAGO solves problems in the PIM system
Do as our customers do and:
- Say goodbye to inconsistent product information across your different sales channels
- Drastically reduce the effort required for product data processing
- Gain more flexibility in your product information thanks to updating at the touch of a button – even shortly before printing
- Eliminate the typical sources of error in your data
- Avoid redundant work steps in the future due to information islands
- Benefit from clearly defined product responsibilities
- Save your company from rising costs in advertising material production due to uncontrollable workflows
Frequently asked questions about PIM system
The acronym PIM stands for Product Information Management. The goal of a PIM system is the central media-neutral storage and enrichment, as well as management and distribution of product information to various output channels.
PIM data is information about a product. This product information includes prices, article numbers and multilingual product texts, but also product photos or assets and information for logistics.
Product experience management (PXM) is a product-focused variant of customer experience that has become a popular marketing term in retail. But how does a retailer make its products tangible for customers in advertising?
In today’s retail and advertising landscape, there is an increasing variety of touchpoints for advertising activities that are no longer even limited by space and time. With this increasing availability of customer attention, the quality and relevance of advertising is also becoming more critical to the success of product sales. Customers have always preferred to buy products with which they feel connected in some way. Connectedness with a product is the big goal that modern retail marketers are trying to achieve through fine-tuned and, above all, relevant advertising.
We have gone through a very long and intensive selection process and are 100% sure that with Comosoft we have found an enormously innovative, long-term partner. With them, we can optimize our internal processes and further expand our competitiveness.
Hélène Gariba, RAJA MEDIA
Comosoft, leading provider of PIM & Multichannel Media Production Software, wins Europe’s No. 1 packaging player, RAJA Group
Hamburg/Paris, October 2016 – The French RAJA Group, expert in packaging of all kinds, has become a multichannel player in recent years. Catalog, web stores, telephone and 19 country sales companies have so far been the main channels used to sell “a comprehensive range of products in high quality”. In order to be able to expand further here, the company launched its “RAJAMEDIA Vision” project in 2015 and with it a very extensive search for the appropriate system solution(s). The result of the four-stage selection process: LAGO4 from Comosoft.